11.7.08

Sing along with Vest For Tysso

Japanese weather report

Born from nothing
trying to find a way back
as for four days
winter strengthens in me
be cautious to the storm
and to the mountainous wave
air becomes cheerful
probably all will be fine
-what with the standards the empty you find
I'm on my back and my method is tried
Tent ridden and wrapped
huddled to keep out the rain
enveloped by small squares
captives of our own design
the focus of the sun
shifts to nearby rocks
birthday lunches,
cooked on two small rings
-outside the others are being caught hugely
I'm on my back and it is just fine in here
it is just fine in here
it is just fine in here
I cherished them like they were small jewels in plastic bags I carried them around Europe
Warm back to a cold front revisit lakes as we travel homeward
Wrapped in tissue and cased in plastic, pockets of shells and paper keepsakes
Lichen that's travelled across the country in the back of a book in an envelope




Skin Heels

I went down the steps in to your basement, my skin heels nibbling at the clay
they were shuffling unearthing dinosaur bones, rolling through the dust like two giant eggs,
like this...
I stayed up all night just counting colours, above the faint sound of people singing there's a waterfall every time we wash our hands and every night I kiss my ghost
like this...
Under dust small creatures lying, skin like leather from years below they were
all tiny hands and gloves knotted from the soil, ill fitting jumpers weaved from their own chest hair
we stayed up all night just burying ourselves we ignore charts and graphs and we dress the same
if I pretend would you pretend back have you heard the sounds that ghosts make
they go, like this...
Get out you ghost
Get out you ghost



BTPABP

the bathroom light is on, and there's piss in the toilet
it's eight o clock in mid june and the light is beautiful
there's hair in the plug hole, and paint on the floor
and through a camera lense my fingers look like flames from a candle
the street light flickers makes the bedroom glow like disco
it keeps me safe from the wolverines and bears outside
it hasn't rained like this since your twenty first birthday
when we camped amongst the cardboard mountains and the glaciers
and the house feels like the tent did that day
and the house feels like the tent did that day
these old notes lie like ghosts with Bent Tent Pegs And Broken Poles
A dry mouth full of clean teeth, trouble sleeping in a house full of holes
these old notes lie like ghosts with Bent Tent Pegs And Broken Poles
A dry mouth full of clean teeth, trouble sleeping in a house full of holes




Hawkes A Land

Go back to your father
it's all full of shit
full of great intention fantastic invention, that's it
sleep on your stairway
it's the difference of hours,
sharp peaks in my back, from this macro landscape
Snoring loudly
a continuous bleating from the bunk
a calm bear from New York, with a claret suitcase
Imagine a room
like a second hand bookstore
all labelled and filed
But even I hate this place without you by my side
Until I find my home
Until I find my home
Surrounded by pages of National Geographic
all cut out and framed
of places we've been and places we hope haven't changed
start a fire beneath my eyes
in my stomach and curtain ties
burn down these walls, use pictures for kindling, they're no use
Until I find my home
Until I find my home
Cheated by cartography, separated by this big wide sea and oh
use photos for maps to avoid cliffs and snakes and traps on my way
water logged and dollars robbed, jackets mistaken for friends
displaced and hidden under russian dolls on window sills waiting to be found
Until I find my home
Until I find my home



Child's gathering of in the blue sky

I will always be in time
I will always collect artwork
how amazing is this, it is made of Rosewood
I will always be nice to children
I will always make love at night
vivid dragon, and phoenix, some beautiful flower design
your patience is greatly appreciated it is
it is



Y Station

watch the stairs as you go by
if you see the light on I might have died
feel the steps with your bare toes
one false move could break your neck
for four weeks I have camped out
at this station, atop the stairs
for fear of the monsters and animals, who live down there
ba ba ba
So watch the stairs as you go by
there are ghosts and tattooed bears
I hear the noises once more,
the clicking and ticking f the beast
wrapped i blankets from night trains
in the arctic and radio waves
brace your head for the impact
your atom heart would melt on the floor
ba ba ba
the beat of your breast
the smell of your chest
the god in your head
the stench on your breath
the milk on your lip
all night and no sleep
from the ghosts and beasts
on this concrete peak x2
SAFARI TIME!

No comments: